Thursday 12 January 2012

Maia App Went Open Source




Well it was mostly an impulsive decision, but all in all I think it was (and is) a good idea.

Long story short, the Maia Android App (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bubblelake.maia) is now on Github as an open source project.

I know it is not a big deal, but for me, it is pretty significant. At this point I am not putting much effort in the app (mainly because of my daily job) and it's a shame because I think it has a very good potential. There are virtually endles opportunities to easily extend it and make it better. And the framework is for adding new functionality is working great.

The source tree is not in a perfect condition (as I said, it was an impulsive decision and I didn't clean up the source) but the code base is pretty small and should be very clear. I will try to do some housekeeping work in the near future.

The app could also serve as a simple example of how certain things should be done and (more often maybe ;) ) how other things must not be done in Android.

Either way, I'll be glad if you take a look and let me know what do you think.

The github link is

https://github.com/dbonev/Android-Apps-Public/tree/master/Maia

(I almost forgot to put it here, which would be a shame).