Saturday 11 February 2012

Windows 7 on MacBook Air

Joanna Stern has quite a good review on how MacBook Air lines up with the competition when it comes to running Windows.

The verdict is that the machine is good but has some glitches like inferior battery life, higher price and not-very-natural keyboard layout for the Windows user. On the positive side of course stand the top-notch build quality, great performance, superior trackpad and beautiful display.

So far I have been using my Air almost exclusively on Lion. I have installed a copy of Windows 7 on Oracle's Virtual Box software and I am impressed how well it runs (and the fact that I have created the VM on an external hard drive makes things even more impressing). And judging from what everybody else says, Virtual Box is not the best option when it comes to run a virtual machine with Mac OS X as a host.

MacBook Air is a great computer. I enjoy every single minute using it. Read the review. It's a good one.