Sunday 11 August 2013

Squarespace Note

I am really a note-taking type of guy. I constantly type on my phone,  jotting thoughts, tasks and sometimes entire projects on the glass touchscreen.

Normally, I use Wunderlist for anything reminder and task-oriented and Evernote for notes and organizing information. I also use some task-specific tools like Elevatr for the app ideas I decide to explore and work on (sidenote: if you are into developing apps, you should try Elevatr -- while nothing so groundbreaking, its structure helps you with evaluating and thinking about your idea from different angles).

I just recently discovered Squarespace Note. This app is very simple and really helps you collect thoughts and ideas with minimum friction.

I have lots of ideas, lots of thoughts on the go. Launching Evernote, finding the appropriate notebook and tapping on the New Note button is just too much friction. Squarespace Note opens into a typing screen and you can start typing your thoughts right away. Then, the app pushes your note to Evernote or to your inbox. It's that simple and it tries hard to stay out of your way.

If you like collecting your thoughts on the go and you haven't tried this app, you should definitely consider giving it a chance.